-0.9 C
Munich
Wednesday, November 24, 2021

11 Georgia schoolchildren hospitalized after ingesting melatonin gummies

Must read

[ad_1]

Nearly a dozen children at a Georgia middle school were hospitalized after eating over-the-counter melatonin gummies.

Otwell Middle School in Forsyth County was also placed on medical lockdown for about an hour because the incident, according to local reports.

The Gummy supplements contained five milligrams of melatonin and were brought to school by another student, authorities told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Nine students went to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta after the Forsyth County Fire Department responded to the school Friday, then two more students were taken to Northside Forsyth Hospital, according to the Forsyth County News.

All 11 children were quickly released.

The gummies contained five milligrams of melatonin.
The gummies contained five milligrams of melatonin.
Tamara Beckwith/NY Post

Police are investigating the incident to see if charges will be filed, the AJC reports, adding the school district has not determined if any disciplinary action will be taken.

[ad_2]

Source link

- Advertisement -

More articles

- Advertisement -

Latest article